October 6, 2005

Autumn Chill and Cubical Life

Well, today is what I consider the first fall day we have had here in central Oklahoma. The wind was blowing steady out of the north and the temp averaged about 50°. I love the cooler weather, I guess I'm getting too old for summer, but not really old yet as is evident by my enjoying the cold.

Life on the job is going great. I've been learning a lot, not all about developing either. A lot about group communication and politics and the way a large group of people work together for a single goal. I can never inphasize enough the importance of people skills. In school people try so hard to either get ahead of the rest or just pass the tests that it is hard to realize that what we do is all about working with people.

No cubes for the Gang yet but the people whose computers we will recieve got in their new PC's this week. What a fun time that is, spending several hours (if you are lucky) installing all the software we use is a pain. And then you have to deal with configuration issues that can and probably will arise. Fun times. We will all get to do that when we get our PC's too.

Until next ime,
Les Martin

No comments: